We’re already a month in to 2017. If you made new year’s resolutions, how are you doing? Have you broken them already? If you haven’t you’re doing really well as statistics tell us over 30% of resolutions were broken within the first week, a figure that increases sharply for as we move towards the end of the month.
If you made new year’s resolutions, how are you doing? Have you broken them already?
If you haven’t you’re doing really well as statistics tell us over 30% of new year resolutions were broken within the first week, a figure that increases sharply for as we move towards the end of the month.
The tradition of making resolutions dates back some 4,000 years, when the ancient Babylonians held celebrations for each new year. Their new year began in mid-March and not January and they made promises to their pagan gods in return for good harvests.
So why do we make new year resolutions?
The new year represents a fresh start, a new opportunity to make changes and develop new perspectives, both from a personal and business perspective.
We conducted a small survey amongst our business networks and the top 5 results were perhaps unsurprising:
- Lose weight and get healthy
- Be more organised and efficient
- Enjoy life more and try with new experiences
- More family time
- Stop smoking
Do you share any of them?If you are a business owner it can be difficult to get the right balance between work and a personal life and
If you are a business owner it can be difficult to get the right balance between work and a personal life and mind set plays an important part of this. Having the right mindset is essential for any business owner. If you believe you will fail the chances are you will. If you believe you will succeed you’ll definitely have a greater chance of doing so.
A unique product, or a great service is not enough to dictate success. You need positivity and confidence to be able to deal with the everyday activities in your business, this same mindset is essential when achieving resolutions.
When we are talking about a resolution, we are really talking about having the resolve to achieve a goal or objective. Goals that are worth achieving will not be easy but there are some steps you can take to help turn them into reality:
Resolution to reality in 5 steps
- Have a vision of your end goal, visualise yourself achieving your goal and how you will feel.
- Tell your friends and family about it, making it harder to change your mind – you’ll also get morale support and encouragement.
- Plan your progress, no one sets out to run a marathon on their first training day – achieving small improvements over a period of time can be hugely motivating.
- Rewarding yourself at various points gives you something to look forward to, and a small treat can make your journey all the more worthwhile.
- Learn from your failures and your successes, the only true failure is to stop trying. Review your progress and be prepared to adapt your strategies.
We can help you achieve your resolutions
Okay, so if your goal is to lose weight or stop smoking we may not be able to help you. But if you have resolved to spend more time with your family, have a better work-life balance or be more organised and efficient during 2017, we definitely can help!
We specialise in taking care of your marketing, so you can take care of your business. So, if you need to free up some more time during your week, or feel that it may be more efficient to outsource some or all of your marketing and business support activities talk to us.
And if you’ve got questions about outsourcing read our article here
Whatever you resolve to do this year we wish you well.